It is a 7 inch portable TV which enables you to watch television on the go. This device is portable, and has a built in signal receiver that lets you receive the mobile TV signal and content in areas where there is mobile TV coverage.
The device package consists of:
• Walka 7 Portable TV
• USB Cable
• USB power adaptor
• Quick guide/manual
• Device stand
You will require earphones/headphones with a standard 3.5mm audio jack with a sleeve not longer than 7mm thick. You may purchase earphones at any accessories retailers.
• The screen is 7 inches for an enhanced viewing experience
• Battery life of 6 hours
• Better audio quality via 2, 1.5 watt speakers
• Ability to watch mobile TV on the go
• Adjustable aspect ratio
• Provides 24 hour TV guide
• Does not require Wi-Fi, 3G or PC connectivity
You can activate your device via the self-service option on the website www.dstvmobile.com or contact your nearest MultiChoice Centre.
In line with regulations; yes you will need a valid TV licence when you purchase a Walka portable TV
Cnr Oak and Grove Street
The Glass House
309 Umhlanga Rocks Drive
MultiChoice Subscriber Centre
Willie Faasen ave,
• MultiChoice Randburg service centre (011)289 – 2222
• MultiChoice Durban centre (031)710 – 2222
• MultiChoice Cape Town centre (021)508 – 2222
• Ensure that you are within a mobile TV coverage
• Ensure that your device is fully charged
• Ensure that your device is powered ON
• Ensure that the antenna is extended and positioned vertically in order to receive the mobile TV signal
• Subscribe to one of the available bouquets and view
How will DStv Mobile know if I am a Premium subscriber and qualify for subscription at no extra cost?
You will need to contact the MultiChoice call centre, visit the closest MultiChoice branch in your area. When we activate your device, we will validate your DStv subscription as a Premium subscription and link it with your DStv Mobile subscription so that you do not have to pay for your DStv Mobile subscription. Please note that a Premium subscriber is only entitled to one subscription at no extra cost via the Drifta; any additional subscriptions to the DStv Mobile option will be billed the applicable subscription cost. If you subscribed to DStv Mobile through your DStv Premium subscription you will get the extra channel M-Net Mobile on your DStv Mobile device.
Yes. Anybody can purchase the Walka 7; you do not need to be an existing DStv subscriber. After purchase, the Walka 7 needs to be activated by contacting the MultiChoice call centre or visiting your nearest MultiChoice branch. The device will not work unless it has been activated.
Do I still qualify for a Walka 7 subscription at no cost even if I have a Drifta subscription at no cost?
You are allowed only one mobile TV subscription at no cost, per premium subscription. A second mobile TV subscription will be at a cost.
There are no parental controls set for this device at this point. However, we are investigating the possibility of introducing parental control features.
There are 3 bouquets that you can choose to from:
- e.mobile – Free
- DStv Mobile Monthly: R49
- DStv Mobile for Premium subscribers – ccess to M-Net Mobile and the first subscription is at no cost to DStv Premium subscribers. Thereafter, a maximum of three (3) additional subscriptions can be purchased at R49.00 per month each.
Are the channels I get on the Walka 7 different to the ones I get on the Drifta or a mobile TV phone?
No. The same great channels in the genres of sport, music, news, general entertainment and children’s programming are available across all DStv Mobile capable devices within a specific country.
Account payments can be made at any MultiChoice pay point or via
• Debit order
• Internet payment
• Credit card
• Direct deposit
You can purchase the device from your nearest MultiChoice branch and at other approved retailers listed on the website. www.dstvmobile.com
This device has a 1 year warranty
Yes. DCC on this device is R25.